Another academic year comes to a close soon. Later down the year, thousands of bright youngsters and future leaders will join or rejoin the corporate world after graduation or post graduations. Reminded me of my own Campus to Corporate transition in July 1997. I was about to take the train to Bangalore for my job. Moments before the train was about to leave, my Mom gave me a sealed envelope and said “read it carefully Son”. I still have the letter and read it quite often. Here’s what was in the letter (with pictures thanks to google) for all of you who are entering the corporate world from campuses this year. This was also the last chapter in my second book Seek: finding your true calling.
You are starting a new chapter in your life. Our lots of good wishes and blessings are always with you. Although you are 21 years and have matured but still there are some instructions/advice or whatever you feel from your parents which you must keep in your mind.
- Watch sun-rise as frequently as possible.
- Say “thank you” a lot.
- Treat everyone you meet as you want to be treated.
- Live beneath your means.
- Don’t waste time learning the tricks of the trade; instead learn the trade.
- Be brave. Even if you are not pretend to be. No one can tell the difference.
- Admit your mistakes. Dont hesitate to say Sorry!
- Never cheat.
- Learn to listen.
- Keep secrets.
- Never take action when you are angry.
- Beware of a person who has nothing to loose.
- Don’t expect life to be fair.
- Do what needs doing when it needs to be done.
- Get your priorities straight.
- The greatest freedom for ourselves is to free ourselves from fear.
- The greatest blessing is good health.
- The greatest force is faith in God.
- The greatest loss is loss of self-confidence.
- The greatest need is common sense.
- The real happiness evolves when happiness is shared.
- Be away from bad habits.
- Keep yourself happy, healthy and cheerful.
- Phone home regularly. Remember, we love you and wait for your call anxiously.
Love Maa and Paa!
Access this post on slideshare:
You could buy the book here: http://bit.ly/1cciFli