“The new year stands before us, like a chapter in a book, waiting to be written. We can help write that story by setting goals.”
– Melody Beattie
- Read something you don’t like.
- Save money to buy books.
- Join/Start a book club.
- Go to book signings/ lectures by authors.
- Sample a new genre.
- Review books and post your reviews online.
- Perform an act of “literary” kindness. Donate your favourite childhood book; chances are you might just inspire a writer.
- Set yourself challenges. For example, how about you read a book a week, or devour every Dostoyevsky in a month?
- Do not get upset when you have to lend someone your book.
- Start writing a book.
Just don’t listen to this guy.
From all of us at Penguin Random House – We wish you a Happy New Year! Hope you have a successful and prosperous 2016.